MULTIPLY YOUR PLANTS


I love having plants in my home and office. I love it more when in it's in clear glass and I can actually see the roots, it really becomes eye-catching decor item. The picture above is the plant that I have in my home desk and have the same kind of plant in my office cube. I had this plant for more than a year now. Everybody notices this plant and find it pretty amazing. They think I bought it from some fancy store and might have cost some extra money, but I got it for free.




This is the picture of golden pothos plant, which I bought more than a year ago from my local plant store for $1.99. I have already made 4 other plant vases out of it. I made two for myself, one for my sister and one for my friend. I can still make more vases out of it. I reused my mason jars, you can do it any kind of mason jars you like. I reuse jars that come with honey or sauce. You can even use fancy glasses or cups. 


Pluck the leaf, wash out soil and put it in a mason jar. It's that simple. The plant will grow out its roots in a time being. 


You can do this technique with many other indoor plants. You can also use soil but soil is bit messy for me. Another one of my favorites is the lucky bamboo plant. You can cut the stem of the lucky bamboo plant, put some pebbles in an elongated mason jar or any kind of bottle and put the plant. It will keep on growing and you can keep on repeating this process on the same plant. I bought 2 small stalks of the lucky bamboo plant for $1.99 when I bought this golden pothos. One of them was bigger than another, so chopped the longer one with the knife and got a small piece of bamboo stem out of it which I kept in a shot glass with some pebbles. It really looked cute and amazing. A few months later I had three more shot glasses with bamboo plants on a mirrored tray which looked marvelous. Now they have grown taller and I keep five bamboo stalks together in one mason jar with some pebbles. 


Vases/pots like this are very easy to maintain. I refill them with water once or twice in a month. A plant killer like my sister has not killed this plant, and it's been a year which is a huge accomplishment for her. 


One more tips not related to it but related to plants. If you use herbs like mints and basil, it is cheaper for you to buy a pot plant rather than actually buying mint or basil leaves from the grocery store. 99 cents pot of mints lasted me for 8 months, I use mints every day in my water and sometimes for recipes. Walmart sells mint leaves for more than $2, which would only last for 1-2 weeks. 


Please share with me if you have tried anything like this in the comments section below, I would love to know.


No comments:

Post a Comment