MY DANDRUFF STORY AND HEALTHY LIVING



It’s been many years I have been in and out of the horror of dandruff. As a kid, I do not remember having dandruff or any kind of hair problem. In my mid teen, my hair used to get greasy, itchy and white particles like dandruff would appear after third-day hair. Back then my hair was very silky, thick, strong and no problems at all, now my hair is like straw because of hair colors, highlights, bleach, hair relax and all other chemicals I put into it. These days I am trying to grow my natural hair without using any sort of chemicals. My hair at the root is soft and silky, but I do have other problems like hair fall, dandruff etc.



When I was in High School, one of my cousins said biggest enemy of hair is dandruff. I got so alarmed that I went to a dermatologist, I was not even suffering from dandruff I might just have dirty hair. This is how and when my hair problems started. I used prescribed shampoo, because of chemicals my hair started to fall, the texture of my turned frizzy and when I stopped using the shampoo then my actual dandruff problems started. I changed dermatologist but it did not work either. I regret going to the dermatologists, I should have just used natural remedies. My hair has never become the same. I started chemical hair relaxing, coloring, bleaching, highlighting which made my hair texture very bad. Besides that, I always took good care of my hair like oil massage, using treatments, leave in conditioners and so on. 


I tried everything people would suggest me and things I would find on the internet for dandruff treatment. It would work, but when I stopped using them dandruff would reappear and if I would use continuously it would stop working after a certain period of time. Same thing happened with shampoos. Head and Shoulder, Neutrogena’s shampoos for dandruff, Paul Mitchel tea tree shampoo, other many tea tree and scalp treatment shampoos do not work for me anymore. Regular commercial shampoos and these shampoos I just mentioned now gives me bad dandruff and itch right after a shower. I have spent so much money in shampoos and I had to throw many of them away after a few uses because those shampoos would make my scalp worse. I rotate between shampoos every time I shower.  My bathroom is full of different kinds of shampoos. I so much wish I could use regular, normal shampoos like my friends and family, shampoos that are meant for hair texture, hair smoothness etc. Oil treatment and washing hair every other day would save me from much embarrassment. Washing hair that often made my ends much drier. 


Though I have the terrible dandruff problem, I do remember many times when I totally forgot about my dandruff issues because there was no dandruff problem. Those days I was living healthy and happy life. I was eating right like raw veggies, fruits, no junk foods, drinking enough water, taking supplements, portion control, I was strictly watching my diet. I was going to the gym every day or at least a few days a week. I was exercising, going for run or walk, going out with friends and family. I was physically and socially active, no stress at all. During those periods not only I had no dandruff issues, my skin was so good, no PMS symptoms, no mood swings, almost everything was perfect. How often we get to live like that when there is always something going on in life. 

These days my dandruff is at its worst and nothing is working because I am not living a healthy life. I am not watching my diet, not regularly exercising or walking, stressing over many things and not enjoying my life like I used to. Not only dandruff I have started getting acne too. I know my problem and I am slowly shifting my lifestyle to healthy living.

If you are also suffering from hair dandruff try living healthy and use natural remedies before using unnecessary chemicals. Oil treatments help a lot, do apply oil after warming it for 10-15 seconds. I have many kinds of oils such as olive, castor, coconut, jojoba, tea tree, almond, avocado, mustard, castor, argan etc. and I use different mixtures of oils every time I do my oil treatment. I find cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil to be the most effective. Sometimes I would add yogurt in oils and apply the mixtures like I usually do.


I have also realized that when my roots grow out 2-3 inches my hair starts getting greasy fast and I get dandruff. My hair is black and I color my hair to lighter shades. After coloring my roots, my hair would go up to 5 days and less or no dandruff for a few weeks until my hair grows back again.  I have searched so much about it, but could not find anyone who had mentioned this kind of problem. Let me know if any of you had felt that way.


6 comments:

  1. I want to to thank you for this good read!! I absolutely loved every bit of it. I have got you bookmarked to look at new things you post…
    Best Web Development and SEO Services at Affordable Price | Internet Marketing Company in Bangalore | Custom CRM Software Development Services

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your good knowledge and kindness in playing with all the pieces were very useful. I don’t know what I would have done if I had not encountered such a step like this.
    Hair Shampoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel really happy to have seen your webpage and look forward to so many more entertaining times reading here. Thanks once more for all the details.
    skin brightening cream

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Blog…
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    If you are seeking the best hair transplant surgeon in Ludhiana for the best Hair transplant in India then you can meet with Dr Vikas Gupta at Profile Cosmetic Surgery Centre. Here you can get the desired results after the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Nice Blog!!! Thank you for sharing information. Wonderful blog & good post.Its really helpful for me, waiting for a more new post. Keep Blogging!


    Hair Fall Treatment in Ludhiana || Dandruff Treatment in Ludhiana

    ReplyDelete
  6. True Skate Mod
    business processes and delivering enterprise solutio ...

    ReplyDelete